The Time Entry and Costing module is of great benefit to the Organization which provides much needed insights into profitable projects against losses and drive the company towards improvements, as well as increase the value of Camms.Project for the private sector. The main functionalities that users can achieve through this module are,
- Easy and flexible time entry for staff
- Streamline and track all organisational projects through Camms.Project
- Record and retrieve efforts for each project
- Visibility of efforts spent on each project and the costs incurred at a glance
- Convenient comparison of Budgeted efforts against Actual Efforts
- Convenient comparison of Budgeted cost against Actual cost
This screen provides the following features;
1. Allocated Projects –
By default, the user will see the tasks allocated to him/her within the selected timeframe, under this section. User is able to add time for a week at once. Additionally, the user can add a comment, if necessary. The screen shows the following information as well.
- Billing Type - whether the task is billable/non billable
- Allocated Time – Budgeted hours for the task, for the respective user and for the selected timeframe
- Actual Time – Actual time the user has spent on the task, within the selected timeframe
2. Non Projects –
This section lists the projects which have been tagged as non-projects from the ‘Time Entry Configuration’ screen.
3. Total Effort –
This section displays the total efforts that have been added to allocated tasks and non-project tasks by the respective user within the selected timeframe
Adding a time entry record
You can follow the steps below to add a new time entry record;
STEP 1: Select the week which you wish to enter time against from the Date filter (highlighted in the image below).
STEP 2: Select the project which you worked on during the selected date range from the Project dropdown list. You can search for it by typing in the relevant keyword, and if there are matches, the system will automatically filter them.
For example, if the project you worked on during the 18th January 2021 till 24th January 2021 is "Branding Refresh",
STEP 3: Select the task which you worked on from the Task dropdown list. You can search for the task via the keyword search.
Additionally, you can enter comments by clicking on the Comments icon.
STEP 4: You can enter the time in the cells and then click on the Add icon.
You can update the time entry records, by updating the time entered, and then by clicking on the Save icon on the top toolbar. You can clear the time entered by clicking on the Clear icon (highlighted in the image below).
Time Entry Summary
This screen allows users to search for their time entries within a selected period of time and edit/delete records as necessary. Users with Administrator privileges will be able to view/edit/delete all user time entries using this screen.
You can search for a particular time entry record by using the Search functionality which can be accessed by clicking on the Search icon on the top toolbar. The following filters are available;
- Period Start
- Period End
- Project Type
- Task Billing
You can edit the entered time by updating the Actual Hours field. You can also update the task if required by clicking on the Pencil icon next to the relevant record. When you click on the Pencil icon, a pop-up window with the following fields will be displayed;
- Date : Select the relevant date
- Project : Update the project if required
- Task : Update the task if required
- Description : Add a description
- Time : Update the time worked on the selected date
Once you update the required fields, click on the Save icon.
You can delete a time entry record by clicking on the Delete icon adjacent to it.
You can also export the time entry records in the Time Entry Summary page to an Excel sheet by clicking on the Export icon available next to the Search button on the top toolbar.
Time & Cost Utilization
This screen presents a tabular view of project information with relation to profit/loss. This screen is only visible to users with Administrator privileges.
Time Utilization Analysis
This screen presents a dashboard view for time utilization analysis such as Project profit & loss, Top 10 revenue projects, Project efforts (estimated vs actual) etc. This screen is only visible to users with Administrator privileges.
The Time Utilization Analysis screen comprises of the graphs below;
1. Billable Effort (Actual) –
- Displays the total billable actual efforts for all respective projects, according to selected filters.
2. Billable Effort % –
- This figure is calculated as follows:
[(Total Billable Actual Efforts for all respective projects/Total Actual Efforts for all respective projects) * 100]
Billable Actual Efforts are derived from time entry efforts added by resources for Billable tasks only
3. Billable Revenue –
- This represents the total figure of the ‘Client Approved Amount’ added against all respective billable projects (and according to selected filters).
4. Overall Profit & Loss –
- This donut chart depicts the overall profit & loss percentage of the organisation according to the selected filters.
- Profits are depicted as green colour whereas losses are depicted as blue colour. The Profit/Loss is calculated as follows at project level and this figure will be summed up for higher levels as necessary to provide the overall figure;
[Client Approved Amount – Internal Actual Cost]
- If the result is a positive [+] figure, then it’s a profit and if it’s a negative [-] figure, then it’s a loss. Hence the total of positive figures are shown as profits and the total of negative figures are shown as a loss
- The actual $ figures will be shown under the chart and when the chart is hovered over as well.
- The pie chart is static and cannot be drilled down.
5. Profit & Loss by Project Type –
- This bar graph shows the total profit & loss figures occurring for each project type (Must be calculated from the profit/loss occurring for each respective project under the project types).
X axis – Lists the project types
Y axis – Lists the profit/loss figures (Y axis must span across both positive & negative figures)
- Users will be able to drill down through the bar graph. Once a bar is clicked, a table with relevant project information linked to the project type must be listed below as follows:
- Client Approved Amount
- Internal Actual Cost
6. 10 Revenue Projects –
- This bar graph displays the 10 projects with the highest profits (Must be calculated from the profit/loss occurring for each project)
X axis – Lists the profit figures
Y axis – Lists the project names with the highest profits
7. Resource Allocation: Estimated Vs Actual by Projects –
- This bar graph displays the estimated & actual efforts of each project falling under the respective project types
X axis – Lists the project names
Y axis – Lists both the estimated efforts and actual efforts for each project
8. Resource Allocation: Estimated Vs Actuals by Project Type –
This section contains 2 donut charts as ‘Estimated’ & ‘Actual’ against each other.
- Estimated – This donut chart displays the % of total hours allocated to projects under each project type which is calculated as follows:
(Total Estimated hours for all projects linked to a project type/Total estimated hours for all projects)*100
Total Estimated efforts for a project will be calculated as follows:
Total Estimated Project Effort (Billable) + Total Estimated Project Effort (Non Billable)
- Actual – This donut chart displays the % of actual efforts added against projects under each project type which is calculated as follows:
(Total actual time entry hours added for the projects linked to a project type/Total actual hours for all projects)*100
The following filters are available in the Time Utilization Analysis page;
- Project Type
- Project Status
- Project Category
- Project Billing
- Project Open/Closed
- Period Start
- Period Finish