CAMMS is pleased to announce the June Feature Release for cammsproject.
This was released on 26th June 2020 and includes the following new features and enhancements to improve your user experience within the system.
1. Fresh email rule names to give you more clarity
- The existing email rules ‘Task Update’ and ‘Milestone Update’ have been renamed as ‘Task Creation’ and ‘Milestone Creation’ for greater clarity, as those email notifications are triggered when new tasks and milestones are created in the Task Plan.
Figure 1: 'Task Creation' and 'Milestone Creation' email rules in Project Settings>Email Rules
2. New export option in workflow objects
- You now have an Export option in the following workflow objects, allowing you to export the information within the given objects directly on to a PDF, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel file.
- Board and Team
- Final Approval
- Objective Assessment
- Lessons Learned
- To generate an export of the object, click on the ‘Export’ icon on the toolbar.
Figure 2: The new 'Export' icon in the Lessons Learned object
- By clicking the ‘Export’ icon, you can preview information within the respective object on a new browser tab.
- Click on the ‘Export dropdown menu’ icon and select the preferred export format from the menu to download the file in the selected format.
Figure 3: ‘Export dropdown menu’ in the report previewer
3. New Section Headers in Custom Object
- We've added 10 new Section Header fields into the Custom Object, allowing you to have sections in the Custom Object tab.
Figure 4: The new Section Header fields in the object configuration area of Custom Object
- If you wish to group a set of fields in the Custom Object, you can activate these section headers, then configure a name for the groups/sections, in the object configuration area of the Custom Object.
Figure 5: Section headers in the end user view of Custom Object
CAMMS will be updating the Project Master Report to show the new Section Header fields in the Custom Object, which you can look forward to release in our July sprint.
4. Consolidated emails for Task Responsibility Assigned and Due email notifications
- You can now send out emails in bulk for the following email notifications:
- Task Responsibility Assigned
- Milestone Responsibility Assigned
- Task Due
- Milestone Due
- The administrator can configure consolidated emails for the above email notifications via Framework> Project Settings> Email Rules.
- When the above triggers are selected, an additional tick box titled ‘Send Consolidated Emails’ will be available. Upon selecting the tick box, two radio button options will appear as follows:
- ‘All Projects’ radio button - If selected, the system will consolidate and send an email with all the tasks assigned/due to the user for each project.
- ‘Per Projects’ radio button - If selected, the system will consolidate and send an email with all the tasks assigned/due to the user for all projects.
Figure 6: 'Send Consolidate Email' tick box and 'Consolidate for the following period' dropdown in Project Settings> Email Rules
- The frequency of the consolidated emails can be set from the dropdown ‘Consolidate for the following period’.
For example, if ‘Daily’ is selected, the consolidated email will be sent at the end of each day. If ‘Weekly’ is selected the consolidated email will be sent at the end of each week etc.
- Once the consolidated email notifications are set up, instead of individual notifications, the respective email notifications will be sent out in bulk, in one email, for each recipient, at the selected frequency.
For example, if the ‘Task Responsibility Assigned’ email notification is set to be sent consolidated with the following configurations;
- ‘All Project’ radio button is selected
- ‘Consolidate for the following period’ dropdown is set to ‘Daily’
If there were three tasks, from three projects, assigned to a user today, instead of three separate emails, a single email would be sent to the user, with the details of all three tasks, at the end of the day.
- You now have a new snippet named ‘Task List’ in the Framework>Project Settings>Email Template to support the above feature.
Figure 7: The new snippet 'Task List' in Project Settings> Email Template
- When the ‘Task List’ snippet is used in an email template which is used in a consolidated email notification, the email content will show a table with the following information on tasks/milestones.
- Project Code – The code of the project which the task/milestone is linked to. Project Code, once clicked will be hyperlinked and will direct the user to the current phase of the project.
- Project Title – The title of the project which the task/milestone is linked to.
- Task Title – The name of the task/milestone. Task Title, , once clicked, will be hyperlinked and will direct the user to the Task Planning object in the current phase of the project.
- Start Date – The start date of the task/milestone
- End Date – The end date of the task/milestone
CAMMS will be continuously working towards improving and extending the feature to other email notifications as a part of the roadmap. Stay tuned for the updates through our published roadmap and product communications.
5. New ‘Project Budget View’ and ‘Project Budget Edit’ user roles to manage permissions for Executive Project Budget
- You now have two new user roles named ‘Project Budget View’ and ‘Project Budget Edit’ on the Manage Users page to manage view and edit permissions for Executive Project Budget.
- Project Budget View – When ticked, the respective user will have view permission to the Executive Project Budget
- Project Budget Edit – When ticked, the respective user will be able to view and edit information within Executive Project Budget
Figure 8: 'Project Budget View' and 'Project Budget Edit' user roles on Manage Users page
Note: These two permissions are automatically ticked on for all staff who previously had this permission inherited through a previous setting and super roles, so their overall access will be unchanged from this update.
Figure 9: Executive Explorer> Project Budget screen
6. Configure the title for the summary tasks created from issue actions
- The administrator can now configure the title for the summary tasks, created from issue actions in the 'Issue Register', through the system setting “Set the task title when it is created via an issue action”.
Note: The default value of this setting is “Issue Actions”
Figure 10: The new setting “Set the task title when it is created via an issue action” in Project Settings> System Settings
- When you create a task from an Issue Action in the Issue Register object (by clicking on ‘Create Task’ button), the summary task created in the Task Plan will now have the title which is configured in the aforementioned setting.
Figure 11: 'Create Task' button in Issue Actions tab in the Issue Register object
Figure 12: The Summary task created from an issue action
7. A new feature to reset user password
- The ‘Forgot your password’ feature is now available for cammsproject standalone mode, allowing you to reset your password in case it's forgotten.
- This can be accessed via the ‘Forgot your password’ hyperlink on the cammsproject login page.
Figure 13: 'Forgot you password' link on cammsproject login page
- Upon clicking the ‘Forgot your password’ hyperlink, you will be able to enter the organisation name and request a reset password link by entering either your username or the email address directly.
Figure 14: The screen to enter Organisation and username/email address
- If you opt to enter the username, the system will check the email address available in the database against the entered username and will send the password reset email to the same. You can also opt to enter the email address directly as well.
- If you enter an invalid username or email address, you will be notified of the same and will not be able to proceed without contacting your system administrator.
- Upon the successful submission of email/username and re-set request, you will receive a link from the application via email to navigate to the Reset Password page.
- On the Reset Password page, you will be able to reset your password and login to the system upon successful reset.
Figure 15: ‘Reset Password’ page
8. Updated project progress calculation logic
- The project progress calculation logic was updated to reflect the progress of milestones in the project progress (%complete).
- The revised project progress calculation logic is as follows;
a) When the Task Plan has only milestones (i.e. tasks with ‘0’ duration).
- If all milestones are NOT 100% complete, the project %complete will be ‘0’
- If all milestones are 100% complete, the project %complete will be ‘100%’
b) When the Task Plan has both milestones and tasks
- If all tasks are 100% complete, but all milestones are NOT 100% complete, the project %complete will be ‘99%’
- If all tasks AND milestones are 100% complete, the project %complete will be ‘100%’
- Else, the existing project progress calculation logic (given below) will be applied
Note: The above update on the project progress calculation logic will only be applicable if the project progress is set to be derived from the Task Plan (i.e. when the external setting “Allow Calculated Project Progress” is turned ON).
Figure 16: A task plan with milestones only
Figure 17: Project progress is 100%
9. Usability improvements for the Change Request functionality
The following usability improvements were made to the Change Request functionality.
- When you fill out the Change Request Form and save it, the system will now show a loading panel as shown below to indicate your updates are being saved.
Figure 18: Loading panel in the Change Request form
- A ‘Full Screen’ button is now available on the Change Request Form for you to view the Change Request Form in the full-screen mode.
Figure 19: 'Full Screen' button in the Change Request form
- Once changes are saved in the Change Request Form, the system will direct you to the change request project, instead of the change summary grid, in the change request pop-up.