1. Pre-configure Incident Types for Incident objects
- Admin can now pre-configure the Incident Types for each Incident object, if he/she wants to restrict users to create/link only incidents of the specified Incident Types.
- A new multi-select drop down named 'Incident types to be used in the object’ is now available in the object configuration area of the Incident object, allowing the admin to select incident types for each Incident object.
Image 1: The new drop down ‘Incident types to be used in the object’ in object configuration area of Incident object
- Once the incident types are selected from the object configuration area, the system will restrict you to create/ link incidents of the selected incident types in the end user view of the Incident object.
- When you create a new incident (by clicking on ‘Add’ icon on the toolbar), the ‘Type’ drop down in the Incident Creation form will only show the incident types selected for the respective Incident object.
Image 2: The 'Type' drop down in Incident creation form to select a type for the new incident
- When you link an existing incident to the project (by selecting Incidents from the ‘Link Incidents’ drop down), ‘Link Incidents’ drop down will only show the existing incidents of the selected Incident Types.
Image 3: 'Link Incidents' drop down to link existing incidents to the project
Note: The Incident object will be available within the workflow configuration area in Camms.Project only for the clients who have incident module (Incident Capabilities in Camms.Risk) activated.
2. Update the Gantt with the changes made to the resource allocations in the Resource Manager
- The Gantt and Resource Manager used to have one-way synchronization where the updates made in the Gantt were flown through to the Resource Manager, but the updates made in the Resource Manager were not reflected in the Gantt.
- This functionality was extended to a two-way synchronization, so the resource allocations updated from Resource Utilization and Project Utilization screens will now automatically be reflected in the Resource Allocation pop-up in the Gantt.
- When you update the number of allocated hours of a staff member for a day from Resource Utilization or Project Utilization screens, the system will calculate the Hours Per Day in the Resource Allocation pop-up in the Gantt as follows.
Hours Per Day = Total effort for the task/Task duration
- The duration of the task ‘Project Management’ is 2 days (Start date: 11th August and End Date: 13th August)
- The number of hours per day in the Resource Allocation pop-up in the Gantt against the staff ‘Clarke’ is 8.
In the Resource Utilization, when you update the no. of hours against Clarke for 11th Aug as 10, the system will calculate the Hours Per Day in the Gantt as given below and update the Hours Per day for 11th and 12th Aug against Clarke with 9.
Hours Per Day = (10+8)/2 = 9
Image 4: Updating resource allocations from Resource Utilization
Image 5: The updates being reflected in the Resource Allocation pop-up in the Gantt
Note: Camms will be continuously working towards improving and extending the resource allocation feature in the Gantt to provide you with the ability to maintain the no. of allocated hours for users on a daily basis as opposed to an average no of hours per day for a task as a part of the road map. Stay tuned for the updates through our published road map and product communications.