Camms is pleased to announce the November Feature Release for Camms.Risk.
This was released on 14th November 2020 and includes the following new features and enhancements to improve your user experience within the system.
1. Introducing project specific permissions for project risk
This will allow you to restrict the Register, Dashboard, and EIS view of users based on the Projects linked to.
- You may enable this feature by clicking the ‘Enable Project Specific Permission’ setting which can be accessed via Camms.Risk > Mega Menu > Administration > Configuration > Settings.
- An icon to assign permission for each project will appear under the Project creation area in the Risk accessed via Camms.Risk > Mega Menu > Administration > Projects
Image 1 - Assign project specific permission
- The below mentioned user roles can be assigned by clicking the person icon which appears in front of each project.
- Project Owner – You have to assign a staff member at the point of creating a project. Project Owner has the ability to create/edit/delete project risks linked to an assigned project.
- Risk Editor – A Risk Editor will have the ability to edit project risks for which permissions are given.
- Risk Viewer – A Risk Viewer has the ability to only view the project risks for which permissions are given.
Image 2 : Project permissions assigned to users
- Standard user permissions such as Administrator, Risk Manager, Project Risk Editor, Project Risk Coordinator, Project Risk Viewer, does not need to be assigned for these Project Roles to function.
How will it work?
- For you to view project risks linked to your respective projects in the Project Risk Register, either one of the Project Owner, Risk Editor, and Risk Viewer permission, must be assigned.
Note: This would work only if standard user permissions are not assigned.
Image 3 - Register view of a user with 'Risk Viewer' permission
- For you to view project risks linked to your respective projects in EIS and Dashboards, either one of the Project Owner, Risk Editor, or Risk Viewer permissions has to be assigned. In addition to this, you require to be assigned the ‘Executive Intelligence’ permission, assigned via Camms.Risk > Mega Menu > Administration > Manage users.
Image 4 - Dashboard view of a user with 'Risk Viewer' and 'Executive Intelligence' permission
Image 5 - EIS view of a user with 'Risk Reviewer' and 'Executive Intelligence' permission
In the following instances, the standard user permissions will supersede the project role permissions:
- Users with ‘Administration’, ‘Risk Manager’ and ‘Project Risk Editor’ permissions assigned via Camms.Risk > Mega Menu > Administration > Manage Users, in addition to any of these project roles, the user can create/edit/delete project risks irrespective of the project which they are assigned to.
- Users with ‘Project Risk Viewer’ permission given via Camms.Risk > Mega Menu > Administration > Manage Users for any of the roles, can view all the project risk in risk registers irrespective of the project which they are assigned to.
Note: The above feature applies only to customers using a standard security framework (not to those using our newer flexible security model, which is currently in open Beta, as there is alternative permission handling in that framework).
2. Ability to filter risks by those directly linked to a hierarchy node
You will be now be able to filter the risks directly linked to a specific hierarchy node in the Executive Intelligence, Dashboard and Risk Analysis pages, which will provide you an overview of risks that are directly linked to the selected hierarchy node, and will not consider the rolled up risks of all child nodes.
How will it work?
- A new checkbox has been introduced into the filter area labelled ‘Show Risks of selected Hierarchy only’ in the Executive Intelligence, Dashboard, and Risk Analysis pages.
Note: In Dashboards, this checkbox has only been introduced to the Risk & Controls tabs currently.
- When this checkbox is ticked, the risks will be filtered to display details of risks that are linked only to the node that has been selected from the left-hand side hierarchy panel.
Image 6 - Show Risks of selected Hierarchy only’ filter in Dashboard
- For example, as per Figure 1, the risk details displayed are risks which are linked to only the hierarchy node ‘Marketing’ as opposed to displaying the rolled-up risk details linked to the child nodes of ‘Marketing’ as well.
- This feature has been implemented for Organisation, Planning, and Custom hierarchies for Flexible hierarchy only.
3. Introduce a Related Risks grid in the expand view of a risk in EIS
The expand view of a risk in Executive Intelligence has now been improved to include the Linked Risks. This will give those of you who can view the Executive Intelligence page, an insight of all risks associated for a given risk.
How will it work?
- The expand view of a risk within the EIS page (accessed via Camms.Risk > Workspace > Executive Intelligence > Risk Tab), will now display a new grid named ‘Linked Risks. This will display all of the details of the grid that is currently available in the Links tab within a risk.
Image 7 - 'Linked Risk' grid in EIS page expand view
- The Linked Risks grid will display below the KPI grid in the expand view.
- The existing order of columns in the expanded view of a risk, has been re-ordered to display as follows to present the information in a more meaningful manner:
- Risk Controls
- Risk Owner comments
- Management Comments
- Related Risks
4. Displaying Organisational links of linked risks within the Risks grid
The ‘Risks’ grid within the Links tab, which displays others risks linked to the current one your are viewing, has now been improved to display the organisational link. This will provide you with an insight of the organisational nodes that are associated to the linked risks.
Note: This is currently applicable only for customers using the new 'flexible security' feature which is currently in Beta. This will be extended for other customers using our standard security framework in a future sprint.
How will it work?
- A new column labelled ‘Organisational Links’ has been introduced into the ‘Risks’ grid in the Links tab within a risk, and is positioned as the third column in this grid.
- If a linked risk is linked to multiple hierarchy nodes, then the ‘Organisational links’ column will display all nodes in a comma separated view. In the event, there are no linkages, this column will display as N/A.
Image 8 - 'Organisational Links' column in the Risks grid
- Additionally, the ‘Organisational links’ column will be displayed in the below mentioned areas of the Camms.Risk application:
- Executive Intelligence page expanded view
- Expanded view of a control in the Control Risk Register
Note: This is only when common risk controls are activated
- Risk Action Details page
- My Risk Actions expanded view in My Quick Update
- My Controls expanded view in My Quick Update
- Links tab in Audit/Finding/Recommendation
Important note on other updates
The flexible field configurations for Strategic/Project risks and Risk Actions, which was announced earlier this month, will not be released in the November Sprint. Due to unforeseen complexities, we have held this feature back from a Live release and will be rescheduling it in an upcoming sprint. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Stay tuned for product notification updates on when this will be released.