Default Location of a hierarchy and node can be viewed on a world map within this section.
Navigate to Administration > GIS Administration > Default Location
- Select a geographic hierarchy from 'Hierarchy' dropdown menu. Hierarchy nodes will be displayed underneath.
- Click on a hierarchy node to view its location on the world map displayed right side.
- You can zoom the map and navigate around the map. Latitude, Longitude and Zoom level will be displayed next to map. The default location of a parent can be copied over to its child nodes via the tick box named as 'Apply to Child Nodes'.
Go to Administration > GIS Administration > Setup Shapefiles.
Following options will be displayed: You can either update an existing shapefile or create a new shapefile.
To update an existing Shapefile:
Select 'Edit' button for the particular shapefile and edit 'Shapefile Name'. Click Update. Uploaded files types will be displayed underneath.
To add a New Shapefile:
Click on 'Add' button. Following popup will appear:
- Shapefile Name: Type a name for new shapefile.
- Select .shp file: Click on Browse button and navigate to Shapefile location to upload.
- Select .dbf file: Click on Browse button and navigate to Database File location to upload.
- Select .shx file: Click on Browse button and navigate to AudoCAD compile shapefile location to upload.
The maximum shapefile size allowed is 10 MB. Larger shapefiles will take longer to load for your users, hence we recommend reducing the size of your shapefiles as much as possible by simplifying or generalising the map.
Once the shape file is uploaded, you must go to the geographic hierarchy and assign it to the appropriate level.