Camms is pleased to bring you the Quarterly Product Release Note for Camms.Talent.
This quarter we've got a number of exciting new features and enhancements to improve your user experience within the system, which will be available in your Test environment on 4th December 2021 and will be available in your Live instance on 18th December 2021.
List of items
1. Defaulting to the previous reporting year for a defined period of time
You will now be able to configure a grace period to view the previous reporting year's assessments when starting a new year. This grace period will be configurable as per your preference - this can be set for anything between 1-90 days. This will allow you to finish up assessments from the previous year without having to switch the reporting year each time you log in.
How do you configure this?
- In the Camms.Talent Settings menu, a new setting titled 'Enable grace period to default Quick Update to previous reporting year' will be available with a single select dropdown list.
Figure 1.1: Grace period setting in the settings page
- An Administrator user will be able to select one option (a numeric value) between 1–90 from a single select dropdown list.
Figure 1.2: Grace period configuration
How does this work?
- Once an Administrator has configured a grace period and when you log back into Camms.Talent, you will be able to view all the previous reporting year's assessments by default.
- As an example, if the current reporting period is 2021/2022:
- The reporting year starts on 1st of July and ends on 30th of June.
- The ‘Grace Period’ configured is 60 days and,
- If today’s date is 15th of July 2021, when you log into Camms.Talent, the reporting period in the Quick Update section will default to the previous reporting period which is 2020/2021, until 60 days starting from 1st of July 2021, so that you have sufficient time to complete the previous reporting year's assessments without the hassle of switching the reporting year each time you log in.
- Then, once the 60 days are over and you log back into the system, the current reporting period assessments will be shown.
Figure 1.3: Reporting Year defaulting to the previous year 2020/2021 in the quick update section
- The ‘value’ of the grace period setting will default to zero (0), which will be considered as a ‘No Grace Period’.
- The grace period setting will be applicable throughout the application in showcasing information related to the previous reporting year, except for the Camms.Talent Dashboard section.
2. Enhancements to the assessment cards in the quick update section
With this enhancement, the Assessment Card user interfaces in the Quick Update page under My Assessments, 360 Invitations and Team Assessments will now be grouped by the period relevant for each assessment. This means that when you have multiple assessments within a year, these are now visually differentiated and shows the assessments for the most recent period first.
How does this work?
2.1 Reporting Year Period Groupings
- In the Quick Update section of Camms.Talent, based on the reporting year you have selected from the dropdown list, you will be able to see all your assessments grouped by its reporting year period(s).
Figure 2.1: Reporting year period groupings in my quick update
- This will be applicable for all sections, which will be My Assessments, 360 Invitations, and Team Assessments in the Quick Update menu.
Figure 2.2: Reporting year period groupings shown in My Assessments, 360 Invitations and Team Assessments
- If there are multiple assessments available belonging to multiple reporting year periods (both system and custom periods), these will be shown in a descending order. I.e., most recent period and its assessment(s) will be shown on top.
Figure 2.3: Ordering of reporting year period groupings
- All Assessment cards under each reporting year period grouping will be sorted by the Name in an ascending order, within all three sections (i.e., My Assessments, 360 Invitations, and Team Assessments).
Figure 2.4: Ordering of assessment cards in reporting year period groupings
- All Assessments shown within a grouping can be expanded and collapsed. This will be defaulted to ‘Expand All’.
Figure 2.5: Expand and collapse of reporting year period groupings
- The Assessment card user interfaces shown in the Quick Update page are now upgraded for a better user experience, including alignments and font sizing.
Figure 2.6: Improved user interface for assessment cards
- All Assessment comment fields shown under each element are enhanced to automatically adjust the height of the text field based on the length of the text entered.
Figure 2.7: User interface for single line comment fields
Figure 2.8: Improved user interface for multi-line lengthier comments with automatic height adjustment