Camms is pleased to bring you the Quarterly Product Release Note for the Camms Incident Mobile Application.
This quarter we've got a number of exciting new features and enhancements to improve your user experience within the system, which will be available in the Apple App Store [here] and Google Play Store [here] by 25th February 2022 (subject to the Apple and Google App Store approval process).
List of items
Our latest version of the Camms Incident Mobile Application will feature a completely revamped and modernised user interface designed with simplicity and clarity in mind. Camms Incident Mobile Application delivers a new user experience and refines many aspects of a user’s day-to-day interaction. As we continue to build this next-generation platform, this redesign sets the stage for further improvements in our upcoming releases.
Note: The current application will need to be upgraded to the new version from the Apple App Store [here] or the Google Play Store [here]. If you haven't updated your app, the application will display a notification as displayed below for you to update the application. If the app is not updated at this point, you will have the option of skipping this until 25 April 2022. After this date, you will not be allowed to skip this option and will need to upgrade to the new version.
Once you complete this update,
- Go to Settings and reconfigure the settings by selecting the relevant Region and saving your updates.
Note: If your Camms instance is hosted on a private cloud, you will need to use the Custom option within the Region dropdown and enter the Service URL for your instance. Please contact your Camms Support if you are unsure of the URL link to use.
- You can also configure SSO (Single Sign On) if your organisation uses SSO when accessing the Camms web application (i.e. you don't have a separate username/password for the Camms system).
- Otherwise, you can enter your Organisation, Username, and Password on the login page and access the app.
Listed below are the improvements and what's changed in this release. For a more detailed list of features please view the user guide [here].
1. Revamped User Interface and User Experience
With the Camms Incident Mobile App revamp, we have introduced a modernised colour palette, new fonts, and refined icons for a better user experience. Listed below are some of these changes:
- The app has been updated with new and clearer fonts and icons.
- The background of the app has been updated to a modern blue and white background.
- The app button icons and button text have been changed, making it easier to be identified.
- Navigation icons have been changed in the app to provide more clarity on its functionality, making it more distinct from each other and easier to identify the different registers.
2. Fingerprint and Face Recognition Login Capabilities
- A new section in the Settings area will now let you enable biometric options within the application. Please access the Settings area after you log in to the app to setup biometric login for your next.
Figure 2.1 - iOS users
Figure 2.2 - Android users
- This would allow you to initially authenticate yourself with the preferred biometric option (fingerprint or face recognition), and thereafter continue using the selected biometric authentication method each time you log in to the application.
- You will now have the ability to navigate through multiple registers via tabs at the top of the screen, as displayed in the below image.
Figure 3.1 - iOS users
Figure 3.2 - Android users
4. Support for Extended Flexible Organisation Structure and Hierarchies
- This new update will now let you select all hierarchy levels, as in the Camms.Risk Incident Management solution.
Figure 4.1 - iOS users
Figure 4.2 - Android users
5. Adding Documents, Links, and Actions against existing fields
- As with the Camms.Risk Incident Management solution, you will now given the option to add Documents, Links, and Actions to individual fields in the Camms Incident Mobile Application.
Figure 5.1 - iOS users
Figure 5.2 - Android users
6. Additional Staff Information to be displayed for the Incident Reported By field
- With this update, the field 'Reported By' staff would display additional information in a new window when tapped on, in regard to the officer that reported the incident.
Figure 6.1 - iOS users
Figure 6.2 - Android users
7. Create Incident Drafts
- This new update will let you create an incident and save it as a draft copy by tapping on the new draft icon.
Figure 7.1 - iOS users
Figure 7.2 - Android users